WHY LIGHTWEIGHT CONSTRUCTION WITH 3D|CORE™?
Lightweight construction is the solution for our future. Saving mass can not only increase material efficiency and reduce resource consumption, but it often also improves products. This saves manufacturing and operating costs and at the same time protects the climate through the economical use of valuable resources: a lighter machine or a lighter vehicle requires less energy to operate. Lightweight construction is a key factor for tomorrow's society and industry.
This is where 3D|CORE™ comes in: our high-performance composite materials serve as a basis for excellent lightweight components. 3D|CORE™ is the key technology for overcoming the challenges of energy and material efficiency and at the same time increasing the performance and productivity of machines and systems.
Where others give up, we move forward: lightweight components, little effort, low costs.
3D|CORETM is a patented honeycomb structure in a foam core. The honeycomb structure goes through the hole foam core. The structure consists of single honeycomb foam bodies that are connected to each other with small bridges. This structure enables a high flexibility of the foam core. There are gaps between the individual honeycomb foam bodies. This acts as an already integrated flow mesh and supports the filling process with a liquid matrix. When the 3D|CORETM structure (gaps) is filled with a liquid matrix and cured, the foam core stays in its shape. The cured resin around the foam bodies creates double-T-girders. This structure improves the technical properties significantly, such as improved shear and compression properties. The outer layers on both sides of the foam core are connected to each other. This prevents delamination and the complete failure of the component.
- Calculable resin consumption (no additional resin without technical benefit)
- Immense savings in consumables possible (e.g., flow mesh, peel-ply, spray adhesive)
- Significant savings in resin consumption compared to other foam cores (e.g., for flow aid and peel-ply)
- Intermediate vacuum is not required because 3D|CORETM stays in the mold right from the start
- Avoidance of delamination of the outer layers
- Homogeneously filled component
- Lower weight of the final component
- Durable components
- Sustainable construction
BENEFIT FROM OUR INNOVATIVE HONEYCOMB TECHNOLOGY TO IMPLEMENT YOUR CO² SPECIFICATIONS!
3D|CORE™ – UNIQUE PROPERTIES
3D|CORETM is the perfect basis for high-performance and lightweight composite components. Only the combination of the unique properties of 3D|CORETM, a minimal use of materials, low process energy and integrated recycling concept result in a sustainable solution with which we can help you to implement your CO2 requirements.
More flexibility and easy handling:
Convex and concave components can be produced without pressure and heat due to the three-dimensional deformability.
Integrated filling and venting system (flow mesh effect):
The structure guarantees perfect filling with resin and optimal wetting of the outer layers.
An additional flow mesh is not required.
Outer layers are connected to each other:
The cured resin forms a resin bridge that connects the outer layers to each other. This prevents delamination of the outer layers and avoids complete failure of the component.
Double - T - girder effect:
The cured resin around the honeycomb foam body forms individual double - T girders. These enable the take up of very high forces.
- ca. 1000% more compression strength
- ca. 500% more flexural strength
- ca. 300% more shear strength
3D|CORE™ – PERFORMANCE STRUCTURES
3D|CORETM is available in 3 different structures. These will be used to optimize the core and for a partially reinforcement of critical components.
Improvement of the 3D|CORE™ HX structure compared to normal foam cores:
- Technical properties of the core by 100%, flexibility by 100% and more
- Peel strength of the fiber layers by 100%
Improvement of the 3D|CORE™ RB structure compared to normal foam cores:
- Technical properties approx. 200%, flexibility approx. 200% and more
- Peel strength of the fiber layers about 150%
Available in XPS and PET foam.
Improvement of the 3D|CORE™ DT structure compared to normal foam cores:
- Flexibility by more than 300%
- Peel strength of the fiber layers about 200%
Available in XPS and PET foam.